Troop Travel Terms and Conditions
These Troop Travel Terms and Conditions (these “Terms”) govern the software-as-a-service offering described in these Terms (the “Services”), which are described in the relevant order form (“Order Form”) and effective as of the date selected in the Order Form (the “Effective Date”). These Terms are by and between Troop Travel, Inc. (“TROOP”), and the entity identified in the Order Form (“You” or “Customer”). TROOP and Customer may be referred to herein collectively as the “Parties” or individually as a “Party.”
- Access and Use.
- Provision of Access. Subject to and conditioned on Customer's payment of Fees and compliance with all other terms and conditions of these Terms, TROOP hereby grants Customer a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access and use the Services during the Term, solely for use by Authorized Users in accordance with the terms and conditions herein. Such use is limited to Customer's internal use. TROOP shall provide to Customer the necessary passwords and network links or connections to allow Customer to access the Services. The total number of Authorized Users will not exceed the number set forth in the Order Form, except as expressly agreed to in writing by the Parties and subject to any appropriate adjustment of the Fees payable hereunder.
- Documentation License. Subject to the terms and conditions contained in these Terms, TROOP hereby grants to Customer a non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable license to use the Documentation during the Term solely for Customer's internal business purposes in connection with its use of the Services.
- Use Restrictions. Customer shall not use the Services for any purposes beyond the scope of the access granted in these Terms. Customer shall not at any time, directly or indirectly, and shall not permit any Authorized Users to: (i) copy, modify, or create derivative works of the Services or Documentation, in whole or in part; (ii) rent, lease, lend, sell, license, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, or otherwise make available the Services or Documentation; (iii) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, adapt, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to any software component of the Services, in whole or in part; (iv) remove any proprietary notices from the Services or Documentation; (v) publicly disseminate information regarding the performance of the Services without TROOP’s prior written approval; or (vi) use the Services or Documentation in any manner or for any purpose that infringes, misappropriates, or otherwise violates any intellectual property right or other right of any person, or that violates any applicable law. Customer further acknowledges and agrees that the Services are not designed, intended or authorized for use in hazardous or mission-critical circumstances or for uses requiring fail-safe performance or where failure could lead to death, personal injury or environmental damage, and Customer shall not use the Services for such purposes or under such circumstances.
- Reservation of Rights. TROOP reserves all rights not expressly granted to Customer in these Terms. Except for the limited rights and licenses expressly granted under these Terms, nothing in these Terms grants, by implication, waiver, estoppel, or otherwise, to Customer or any third party any intellectual property rights or other right, title, or interest in or to the TROOP IP.
- Data Protection. These Terms incorporate TROOP’s Data Processing Addendum (“DPA”) when TROOP processes Personal Data (as defined in the DPA). The DPA may be found at https://www.trooptravel.com/dpa/.
- Fees and Payment.
- Fees. Customer shall pay TROOP the fees (“Fees”) as set forth in the Order Form without offset or deduction. Customer shall make all payments hereunder in US dollars on or before the due date set forth in the Order Form. If Customer fails to make any payment when due, without limiting TROOP's other rights and remedies: (i) TROOP may charge interest on the past due amount at the rate of 1.5% per month calculated daily and compounded monthly or, if lower, the highest rate permitted under applicable law; (ii) Customer shall reimburse TROOP for all reasonable costs incurred by TROOP in collecting any late payments or interest, including attorneys' fees, court costs, and collection agency fees; and (iii) if such failure continues for 15 days or more, TROOP may suspend Customer's and its Authorized Users' access to any portion or all of the Services until such amounts are paid in full.
- Payment Schedule. Customer will pay the Fees in accordance with the Payment Schedule set forth in the Order Form.
- Customer Responsibilities.
- General. Customer is responsible and liable for all uses of the Services resulting from access provided by Customer, directly or indirectly, whether such access or use is permitted by or in violation of these Terms. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Customer is responsible for all acts and omissions of Authorized Users, and any act or omission by an Authorized User that would constitute a breach of these Terms if taken by Customer will be deemed a breach of these Terms by Customer. Customer shall use reasonable efforts to make all Authorized Users aware of the provisions in these Terms as applicable to such Authorized User's use of the Services, and shall cause Authorized Users to comply with such provisions.
- Telecommunications and Internet Services. Customer acknowledges and agrees that Customer’s and its Authorized Users’ use of the Services is dependent upon access to telecommunications and Internet services. Customer shall be solely responsible for acquiring and maintaining all telecommunications and Internet services and other hardware and software required to access and use the Subscription Services, including, without limitation, any and all costs, fees, expenses, and taxes of any kind related to the foregoing. TROOP shall not be responsible for any loss or corruption of data, lost communications, or any other loss or damage of any kind arising from any such telecommunications and Internet services.
- Intellectual Property Ownership; Feedback.
- TROOP IP. Customer acknowledges that, as between Customer and TROOP, TROOP owns all right, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the TROOP IP and, with respect to Third-Party Products, the applicable third-party TROOPs own all right, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the Third-Party Products.
- Customer Data. TROOP acknowledges that, as between TROOP and Customer, Customer owns all right, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the information, data, and other content, in any form or medium, that is submitted, posted, or otherwise transmitted by or on behalf of Customer or an Authorized User through the Services “Customer Data”). Customer hereby grants to TROOP a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, and otherwise use and display the Customer Data and perform all acts with respect to the Customer Data as may be necessary for TROOP to provide the Services to Customer, and a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, modify, and otherwise use and display Customer Data that is in an aggregate and anonymized manner (“Aggregated Statistics”).
- Feedback. If Customer or any of its employees or contractors sends or transmits any communications or materials to TROOP by mail, email, telephone, or otherwise, suggesting or recommending changes to the TROOP IP, including without limitation, new features or functionality relating thereto, or any comments, questions, suggestions, or the like ("Feedback"), TROOP is free to use such Feedback irrespective of any other obligation or limitation between the Parties governing such Feedback. Customer hereby assigns to TROOP on Customer's behalf, and on behalf of its employees, contractors and/or agents, all right, title, and interest in, and TROOP is free to use, without any attribution or compensation to any party, any ideas, know-how, concepts, techniques, or other intellectual property rights contained in the Feedback, for any purpose whatsoever, although TROOP is not required to use any Feedback.
- Marketing Support. Customer grants to TROOP a non-exclusive, revocable, limited right to use the Customer name, trademarks, and logos (collectively, the “Customer Marks”) in accordance with any Customer trademark and logo use guidelines that Customer provides in writing to TROOP. Any public use by TROOP of the Customer Marks shall be subject to Customer’s prior consent, except that TROOP may use the Customer Marks to identify Customer as a customer of TROOP, including on the TROOP corporate website. All goodwill developed from such use shall be solely for the benefit of Customer.
- Confidential Information. From time to time during the Term, either Party may disclose or make available to the other Party information about its business affairs, products, confidential intellectual property, trade secrets, third-party confidential information, and other sensitive or proprietary information in written or electronic form or media, and whether or not marked, designated, or otherwise identified as "confidential" (collectively, "Confidential Information"). Confidential Information does not include information that, at the time of disclosure is: (a) in the public domain; (b) known to the receiving Party at the time of disclosure; (c) rightfully obtained by the receiving Party on a non-confidential basis from a third party; or (d) independently developed by the receiving Party. The receiving Party shall not disclose the disclosing Party's Confidential Information to any person or entity, except to the receiving Party's employees who have a need to know the Confidential Information for the receiving Party to exercise its rights or perform its obligations hereunder. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each Party may disclose Confidential Information to the limited extent required (i) in order to comply with the order of a court or other governmental body, or as otherwise necessary to comply with applicable law, provided that the Party making the disclosure pursuant to the order shall first have given written notice to the other Party and made a reasonable effort to obtain a protective order; or (ii) to establish a Party's rights under these Terms, including to make required court filings. On the expiration or termination of these Terms, the receiving Party shall promptly return to the disclosing Party all copies, whether in written, electronic, or other form or media, of the disclosing Party's Confidential Information, or destroy all such copies and certify in writing to the disclosing Party that such Confidential Information has been destroyed. Each Party's obligations of non-disclosure with regard to Confidential Information are effective as of the Effective Date and will expire five years from the date first disclosed to the receiving Party; provided, however, with respect to any Confidential Information that constitutes a trade secret (as determined under applicable law), such obligations of non-disclosure will survive the termination or expiration of these Terms for as long as such Confidential Information remains subject to trade secret protection under applicable law.
- Limited Warranty and Warranty Disclaimer.
- TROOP will use commercially reasonable efforts to maintain Service availability, but does not make any representations or guarantees regarding uptime or availability of the Services.
- EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH IN SUB-SECTION 5(a) ABOVE, THE TROOP IP IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND TROOP HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE. TROOP SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ALL WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH IN SECTION 8(a), TROOP MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND THAT THE TROOP IP, OR ANY PRODUCTS OR RESULTS OF THE USE THEREOF, WILL MEET CUSTOMER'S OR ANY OTHER PERSON'S REQUIREMENTS, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULT, BE COMPATIBLE OR WORK WITH ANY SOFTWARE, SYSTEM, OR OTHER SERVICES, OR BE SECURE, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, FREE OF HARMFUL CODE, OR ERROR FREE.
- Limitations of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL TROOP BE LIABLE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, AND OTHERWISE, FOR ANY: (a) CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, ENHANCED, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES; (b) INCREASED COSTS, DIMINUTION IN VALUE OR LOST BUSINESS, PRODUCTION, REVENUES, OR PROFITS; (c) LOSS OF GOODWILL OR REPUTATION; (d) USE, INABILITY TO USE, LOSS, INTERRUPTION, DELAY, OR RECOVERY OF ANY DATA, OR BREACH OF DATA OR SYSTEM SECURITY; OR (e) COST OF REPLACEMENT GOODS OR SERVICES, IN EACH CASE REGARDLESS OF WHETHER TROOP WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES OR SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES WERE OTHERWISE FORESEEABLE. IN NO EVENT WILL TROOP'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, AND OTHERWISE EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNTS PAID TO TROOP UNDER THESE TERMS IN THE 6-MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM.
- TROOP Indemnification.
(i)TROOP shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Customer from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) ("Losses") incurred by Customer resulting from any third-party claim, suit, action, or proceeding ("Third-Party Claim") that the Services, or any use of the Services in accordance with these Terms, infringes or misappropriates such third party's US intellectual property rights, provided that Customer promptly notifies TROOP in writing of the claim, cooperates with TROOP, and allows TROOP sole authority to control the defense and settlement of such claim.
(ii)If such a claim is made or appears possible, Customer agrees to permit TROOP, at TROOP's sole discretion, to (A) modify or replace the Services, or component or part thereof, to make it non-infringing, or (B) obtain the right for Customer to continue use. If TROOP determines that neither alternative is reasonably available, TROOP may terminate these Terms, in its entirety or with respect to the affected component or part, effective immediately on written notice to Customer.
(iii) This Section 8(a) will not apply to the extent that the alleged infringement arises from: (A) use of the Services in combination with data, software, hardware, equipment, or technology not provided by TROOP or authorized by TROOP in writing; (B) modifications to the Services not made by TROOP; (C) Customer Data; or (D) Third-Party Products.
b. Customer Indemnification. Customer shall indemnify, hold harmless, and, at TROOP's option, defend TROOP from and against any Losses resulting from any Third-Party Claim that the Customer Data, or any use of the Customer Data in accordance with these Terms, infringes or misappropriates such third party's intellectual property rights and any Third-Party Claims based on Customer's or any Authorized User's (i) negligence or willful misconduct; (ii) use of the Services in a manner not authorized by these Terms; (iii) use of the Services in combination with data, software, hardware, equipment, or technology not provided by TROOP or authorized by TROOP in writing; or (iv) modifications to the Services not made by TROOP, provided that Customer may not settle any Third-Party Claim against TROOP unless TROOP consents to such settlement, and further provided that TROOP will have the right, at its option, to defend itself against any such Third-Party Claim or to participate in the defense thereof by counsel of its own choice.9. Term and Termination.
- Term. These Terms will take effect on the Effective Date and, unless terminated earlier pursuant to sub-section (b) below, will continue in effect for the duration specified in the Order Form (the “Initial Term”). After the Initial Term, these Terms will automatically continue in effect on a month-to-month basis until either Party provides the other with 30-days' written notice of non-renewal (each a “Renewal Term” and together with the Initial Term, the “Term”).
- Termination. In addition to any other express termination right set forth in these Terms:
(i)TROOP may terminate these Terms, effective on written notice to Customer, if Customer: (A) fails to pay any amount when due hereunder, and such failure continues more than 15 days after TROOP's delivery of written notice thereof;
(ii)either Party may terminate these Terms, effective on written notice to the other Party, if the other Party materially breaches these Terms, and such breach: (A) is incapable of cure; or (B) being capable of cure, remains uncured 30 days after the non-breaching Party provides the breaching Party with written notice of such breach; or
(iii)either Party may terminate these Terms, effective immediately upon written notice to the other Party, if the other Party: (A) becomes insolvent or is generally unable to pay, or fails to pay, its debts as they become due; (B) files or has filed against it, a petition for voluntary or involuntary bankruptcy or otherwise becomes subject, voluntarily or involuntarily, to any proceeding under any domestic or foreign bankruptcy or insolvency law; (C) makes or seeks to make a general assignment for the benefit of its creditors; or (D) applies for or has appointed a receiver, trustee, custodian, or similar agent appointed by order of any court of competent jurisdiction to take charge of or sell any material portion of its property or business.
c. Effect of Expiration or Termination. Upon expiration or earlier termination of these Terms, Customer shall immediately discontinue use of the TROOP IP and, Customer shall delete, destroy, or return all copies of the TROOP IP and certify in writing to the TROOP that the TROOP IP has been deleted or destroyed. No expiration or termination will affect Customer's obligation to pay all Fees that may have become due before such expiration or termination or entitle Customer to any refund.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms, together with any other documents incorporated herein by reference, constitutes the sole and entire agreement of the Parties with respect to the subject matter of these Terms and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, and representations and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to such subject matter. In the event of any inconsistency between the statements made in the body of these Terms and any other documents incorporated herein by reference, the following order of precedence governs: (i) first, the Order Form(s) to these Terms; (ii) second, these Terms; and (iii) third, any other documents incorporated herein by reference.
- Force Majeure. In no event shall either Party be liable to the other Party, or be deemed to have breached these Terms, for any failure or delay in performing its obligations under these Terms (except for any obligations to make payments), if and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by any circumstances beyond such Party's reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, epidemics, pandemics, explosion, war, terrorism, invasion, riot or other civil unrest, strikes, labor stoppages or slowdowns or other industrial disturbances, or passage of law or any action taken by a governmental or public authority, including imposing an embargo.
- Amendment and Modification; Waiver. No amendment to or modification of these Terms are effective unless it is in writing and signed by an authorized representative of each Party. No waiver by any Party of any of the provisions hereof will be effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by the Party so waiving. Except as otherwise set forth in these Terms, (i) no failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any rights, remedy, power, or privilege arising from these Terms will operate or be construed as a waiver thereof, and (ii) no single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power, or privilege hereunder will preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power, or privilege.
- Severability. If any provision of these Terms is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability will not affect any other term or provision of these Terms or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. Upon such determination that any term or other provision is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the Parties shall negotiate in good faith to modify these Terms so as to effect their original intent as closely as possible in a mutually acceptable manner in order that the transactions contemplated hereby be consummated as originally contemplated to the greatest extent possible.
- Governing Law; Submission to Jurisdiction. These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Delaware without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule that would require or permit the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Delaware. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or related to these Terms or the licenses granted hereunder will be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of Washington in each case located in the city of Seattle and County of King, and each Party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action, or proceeding.
- Assignment. Customer may not assign any of its rights or delegate any of its obligations hereunder, in each case whether voluntarily, involuntarily, by operation of law or otherwise, without the prior written consent of TROOP, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld, conditioned, or delayed. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section will be null and void. No assignment or delegation will relieve the assigning or delegating Party of any of its obligations hereunder. These Terms are binding upon and inures to the benefit of the Parties and their respective permitted successors and assigns.
- Equitable Relief. Each Party acknowledges and agrees that a breach or threatened breach by such Party of any of its obligations under Section 5 or, in the case of Customer, Section 1(c), would cause the other Party irreparable harm for which monetary damages would not be an adequate remedy and agrees that, in the event of such breach or threatened breach, the other Party will be entitled to equitable relief, including a restraining order, an injunction, specific performance, and any other relief that may be available from any court, without any requirement to post a bond or other security, or to prove actual damages or that monetary damages are not an adequate remedy. Such remedies are not exclusive and are in addition to all other remedies that may be available at law, in equity, or otherwise.